IN WASHINGTON & OREGON
What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown, or cap, is a restoration that can be used for a number of purposes. One of the most common uses of a dental crown is to restore a tooth that is significantly damaged or decayed. The crown is custom made to fit over the entire tooth, starting at the gum line, in order to restore the tooth to its original shape and size. Dental crowns can be made of gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal; porcelain crowns are popular because they match the natural color and appearance of your teeth. Our dental team will help you determine which type of dental crown is right for your smile.
The Purpose of Dental Crowns
Your smile may benefit from a crown if a tooth is damaged or decayed to the point that a dental filling will not provide a successful restoration.
Crowns can also be used for a number of other restorative and aesthetic purposes, including:
- Anchor and attach a dental bridge
- Cover and complete a dental implant
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
- Improve a misshapen tooth
- Protect a tooth following root canal treatment
- Strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weak
- Support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
Crown Your Smile
Are You A New Patient?
Save time and download your forms before you get to the office!Click Here to Learn More