Dental Cleanings & Preventive Care
IN WASHINGTON & OREGON
What to Expect at Your Dental Checkups
Dental cleanings and exams are two of the most basic yet important preventive treatments we provide at our office. Each time you visit our dental practice for a checkup our dental team will:
- Take any necessary X-rays
- Clean your teeth and gum line by removing any built-up plaque or tartar, which can lead to tooth decay and periodontal disease
- Polish your teeth for a healthy, bright smile
- Give your smile any necessary fluoride treatments or dental sealants
- Examine your teeth as well as any X-ray imaging for signs of dental issues
The Importance of Routine Preventive Care
Preventive dentistry is one of the easiest ways to maintain a healthy smile. With preventive care, you can stay on top of your oral hygiene and catch any dental issues while they’re still small. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. By keeping up with your oral health, you are more likely to avoid more complex and costly dental procedures down the road. By simply brushing your teeth for two minutes twice a day, flossing daily, and visiting the dentist every six months, you can enjoy a lifetime of happy, healthy smiles!
Biannual Dental Visits
Our team and the American Dental Association recommend that you visit us every six months for a routine dental cleaning and exam. We may suggest more frequent visits if needed, and we also encourage you to contact us if you suffer from a dental emergency, pain, or injury. To schedule your next appointment, we invite you to contact us today. We look forward to caring for your smile!