At our office, we understand that you cannot always plan when you will need our care. If you experience a dental emergency, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible. Our team will often be able to get you in the same day you call.
What is an Emergency Dentistry Situation:
Our dentists and team hope you never experience a dental emergency; however, if you do, you can feel confident that we are here to take care of your smile. A dental emergency is a situation that requires prompt attention from a dental professional.
Types of Emergency Situations:
We are pleased to provide high-quality, quick emergency care to ensure that your smile stays healthy and bright. If you suffer from any Emergency Dentistry case, we encourage you to contact your Smiles Dental office as soon as possible to receive the care you need.
We do all we can to see you as soon as possible, and our dentists can often see you the same day that you call. If you have experienced trauma to the head or neck, have severe bleeding, or other bodily trauma, we recommend that you visit the emergency room or your general physician ASAP before coming to us, even if your smile is also damaged.
Here are some examples of Dental Emergencies:
- Severe, lasting toothaches or other tooth pain
- Knocked-out tooth
- Chipped or broken tooth
- Damage to the soft tissues of the mouth, including the tongue, cheeks, lips, and gums
- Cracked or fractured tooth
- Partially knocked-out (extruded) tooth
- Lost dental restoration, such as a filling or crown
Dental Anxiety Info:
Our caring team at Smiles Dental understands that many patients struggle with dental anxiety. Whether you feel small butterflies in your stomach, paralyzing fear, or anything in between, dental anxiety can make it difficult for you to receive the dental care you need for a healthy, bright smile.
We are here to help you feel relaxed and comfortable during your visits to our offices. Our Signature, Relaxing Services:
- Transparency & Communication – We ask questions of you, and we want you to ask us questions, too. We want you to be honest with us; with open communication, we can help you overcome most anxieties.
- The Tell, Show, Do Method – The “Tell, Show, Do,” technique is especially helpful for patients who are anxious because they do not know all of the details of their treatment. We will first tell you what we are going to do, then we will show you how we will do it, and then we will do it. Throughout your visit, we will check in with you to make sure you are comfortable and to see if you need a break.
- Want to See? – If seeing what is going on would help you feel more comfortable, feel free to ask us for a mirror. We also utilize intraoral cameras so that we can show you a dentist’s view of your mouth while we go over treatment plans and diagnoses.
- Sedation Dentistry – The Smiles Dental offices offer a variety of sedation options to treat your dental anxiety and help you feel calmer during your visit, whether it’s for a dental cleaning or a more complex treatment. Depending on your needs, our dentists may recommend oral medication, inhalation sedation (nitrous oxide/laughing gas), topical medications, or IV sedation. We are happy to help you find the solution that is right for you.
Does Insurance cover it?
Insurance plans vary on a case-by-case basis regarding whether or not they cover urgent dental care. When you call us for your emergency appointment (or even during your regular dental visit), we can look into your insurance coverage for you!
If you’re currently dealing with a dental emergency, please contact us immediately. Our team will also be able to provide you with instructions on how to take care of your smile until you can get to our office. To learn more about urgent dental care, we invite you to call or visit us today!
Discover the Smiles Dental difference today!
Are you ready for the happy, healthy smile of your dreams? When you choose Smiles Dental Services, you’re putting your smile in the hands of highly-trained professionals you can trust. Above all, we provide our patients with leading-edge dentistry that goes above and beyond to deliver high-quality results with a gentle, personal touch.