Have you lost one or more teeth? If so, we are proud to offer complete dental implants at Smiles Dental. Dental implants are versatile tooth replacements that can be used to restore your smile whether you have lost only one tooth, a few teeth, or all of your teeth.
Our team will make certain that your dental implants look, feel, and act like your natural teeth to restore your oral health, function, and beauty. We invite you to call or visit the Smiles Dental nearest you today for more information!
Dental implants are permanent, stable tooth replacements that can be used to replace one or more teeth. The dental implant post, which is a screw made of titanium, is surgically placed into the jawbone at the site of the missing tooth. This replaces the missing tooth’s root and ensures that your dental restoration is stable.
How Dental Implants Can Change Your Life
Dental implants can change your life in several ways, as supported by various studies and expert opinions. Here are some ways dental implants can have a positive impact:
- Improved Quality of Life: Studies have shown that dental implants can substantially impact a person’s quality of life, especially for those missing teeth. A study by Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine found that osteoporotic women with dental implants experienced a higher overall quality of life, including improvements in occupational, emotional, and general health.
- Enhanced Appearance: Dental implants can drastically improve a person’s appearance, making them look years younger. This can contribute to increased self-confidence and a more positive self-image. Dental implants can give a significant boost to a person’s self-esteem. Natural-looking, healthy teeth can provide the confidence to smile again, contributing to overall happiness and well-being.
- Preservation of Jawbone: Dental implants can help preserve the jawbone by replacing the root with the implant post, stimulating new bone growth, and protecting the jaw’s density. This can prevent bone atrophy and structural changes to the face, contributing to a happier and healthier appearance.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants are easy to clean and do not impact the surrounding teeth. They provide room for easy cleaning between teeth, allowing for better oral hygiene and healthier teeth in the long term.
- Restored Functionality: Dental implants allow individuals to enjoy their favorite foods again, as they can regain as much as 70% of their natural biting force. This can contribute to a balanced diet and overall better nutrition.
Dental implants can have a transformative impact on a person’s life, improving their overall quality of life, appearance, self-esteem, oral health, and functionality. But you may still have some hesitations when it comes to making such a large medical decision.
Overall, teeth whitening can provide many benefits, both cosmetic and health-related. It’s important to consult with a dentist before undergoing any teeth whitening treatment to determine the best approach for your specific needs.
- Financial Barriers: The cost of dental implants can be a significant deterrent for many individuals. The financial aspect of the procedure, including the initial cost and potential ongoing maintenance, can lead to hesitation. We’ve got you covered with our Smiles Savers Plan.
- Fear of the Procedure: Some individuals may be nervous about the surgical aspect of getting dental implants, including concerns about discomfort, recovery, and potential complications. We’re here to make you feel comfortable about your dental health. Let us know what your fears are and we’ll do our best to help you get through them.
- Potential Implant Failure: There may be concerns about the success and longevity of dental implants, as well as the possibility of experiencing discomfort, pain, or swelling around the implant site, which could lead to implant failure. But we’re here to tell you that some studies have shown that dental implants can have a success rate that ranges from 90 – 98% and can often last a lifetime!
It’s important for individuals considering dental implants to have a comprehensive understanding of the procedure, potential challenges, and benefits, and to consult with our dental professionals to address any concerns, anxieties, or hesitations you have. But know that you are never alone, and we’ve helped many of the same people with these same hesitations through these treatments.
Tooth replacement can restore your smile in more ways than just its physical appearance. When you are missing teeth, your jawbone loses density over time and your remaining teeth can shift into the space.
Dental implants can help preserve your facial shape and keep your smile looking and feeling its best. They are designed to look, function, and feel just like your natural teeth, and with proper care, they can last a lifetime. For more information about the benefits of implant dentistry, and to schedule your implant consultation, please call or visit us!