Tooth enamel may be incredibly strong, but unfortunately, it’s not invincible. Sometimes the wrong bite on something hard or an accident can leave you with a broken tooth. That’s not something we wish to happen to anyone. If it does, know that not only can it be fixed by a dental professional, but it should be fixed to protect your oral health.
Types of Treatment for Broken Teeth
What kind of treatment you get for your broken tooth will depend on how bad it’s broken, from a small chip to a severe crack. This isn’t necessarily something that you should be able to determine on your own—after all, that’s what dentists are here for! There are common treatments for a broken tooth:
- Dental Bonding — When we harden composite material onto the damaged tooth with a special light.
- Dental Crown — When we place a protective cap over your damaged tooth that’s designed to match the appearance of a natural tooth.
- Dental Veneer — When we bond an ultra-thin porcelain shell to your damaged tooth.
- Root Canal Treatment — When we remove an infection from inside your tooth’s root canal and then provide a restoration.
- Tooth Extraction and Dental Implant — When we remove the damaged tooth if it can’t be saved and replace it with a natural-looking dental implant.
Get a Consultation
If you’ve just broken your tooth, please don’t wait around in pain as the situation worsens. The Smiles Dental teams across our different locations in Oregon and Washington are there to help you get back to a healthy smile. We recommend that you contact whichever of our practices is closest to you. We’ll set up a consultation so we can assess the damage and give you recommendations for the next steps to take. There’s no need to worry with Smiles Dental as your partners in oral health!