Dental Cleanings & Preventive Care
IN WASHINGTON & OREGON
What to Expect at Your Dental Checkups
Dental exams and dental cleanings are the two most important preventative treatments we offer in our office. They may be basic, but they’re essential to maintaining a healthy smile. Every time you visit our office for your biannual checkup, you can expect our dental team to:
1. Take X-Rays if deemed necessary
2. Clean both your teeth and gums by removing built-up plaque/tartar to prevent future tooth decay and periodontal disease
3. Examine your teeth thoroughly to make sure we don’t miss any signs of dental issues
4. Provide any fluoride treatment or dental sealant
5. Shine your teeth to give you that bright and healthy smile
The Importance of Routine Preventive Care
Preventive dentistry is one of the easiest ways to maintain a healthy smile. With preventive care, you can stay on top of your oral hygiene and catch any dental issues while they’re still small. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. By keeping up with your oral health, you are more likely to avoid more complex and costly dental procedures down the road. By simply brushing your teeth for two minutes twice a day, flossing daily, and visiting the dentist every six months, you can enjoy a lifetime of happy, healthy smiles!
Biannual Dental Visits
Our team and the American Dental Association recommend that you visit us every six months for a routine dental cleaning and exam. We may suggest more frequent visits if needed, and we also encourage you to contact us if you suffer from a dental emergency, pain, or injury. To schedule your next appointment, we invite you to contact us today. We look forward to caring for your smile!